Welcome to my second itch upload - and my first publicly available game! Huzzah!
Going Home Wordless is sort of a reflection of the holiday season and how it feels to me every year. January is always a recovery month for me, and this year I made this game as part of that process. I hope some folks enjoy it.
I think a lot about accessibility and I'm not sure if I'm making the most of itch in terms of making things accessible, but I'm trying. The rest of this post is just a paste of the instructions that should show up when you download the files for this game. If you have thoughts about accessibility and how to do this better, I'd love to hear them and be part of a more accessible gaming community.
Here is the instruction text:
The file "Going Home Wordless.pdf" is content in order with optical character recognition (OCR) that should be readable by assistive tech. If you notice any trouble with the order in which the text is read by an assistive tech program, please let me know and I will try to fix it.
The file "GHW zine to print.pdf" is intended to be printed and folded into a zine. It is made of image files, has no OCR, and can't be read by assistive tech. Print this file double sided and be mindful that it is oriented to landscape rather than portrait view. Your printer may do an automatic rotation that will mess up the order and orientation of the pages if it decides to treat the file as though it is portrait-oriented. You may need to shut off "automatic rotation," or select "flip along the short edge," or change another setting particular to your printer. You should end up with 2 double sided pieces of paper that you can fold along the dotted line into a booklet. The page numbers should guide you as to what order to put the pages in and the direction of the fold. Once you have made the booklet, you can staple it together at the spine, or poke 2 holes in the spine and tie the booklet together with string.
There is no alt text included in the pdf files. If you have advice for how to insert alt text please message me. I will update these instructions as I get better at accessibility, for now please see the image descriptions below.
- All images are in a rough style like a distracted person on a phone call might doodle onto the back of a napkin with a ball point pen. They look similar to continuous line drawings. The line colour is black. The line quality is anxious.
- cover - at the bottom middle of the cover there is a tree on a small hill
- page 1 - in the lower right hand corner there is a small nest with three eggs in it, a lot of blank empty space has been left around the nest in order to make it look smaller. This is also the case with the remaining 2 drawings.
- page 3 - in the lower right hand corner there is a small egg with a crack in it.
- page 6 - in the lower right hand corner there is a cracked open egg shell.
Thanks for reading : )
Get Going Home Wordless: A Survival Guide to use with Tiny Things
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.